16Kbit NVRAM Upgrade Module kit for SNES Cartridges - NO MORE DEAD BATTERIES!!
At it's peak, Game cartridges used RAM and a backup battery to save game advances and player profiles. Over time those batteries tend to run out and leak hazardous materials that may cause personal injuries, data loss and permanent damage to the cartridge.
This upgrade solves all those problems by replacing the original RAM for a Non Volatile Memory that doesn't requires a battery back-up!
1. Open the cartridge, you may need a 3.8mm security bit. (not included)
2. Remove the battery and dispose it according to your local regulations.
3. Identify and remove the original RAM. This module works only on titles equipped with 16kbit SRAM.If you can’t identify the ram chip or memory size, see additional notes.
4. Install the new Non-Volatile Memory (NVRAM) module, it is a direct replacement, check the right chip position for pin number 1. Use a sharp soldering iron for better results.
5. Close the cartridge and enjoy, you'll never need a backup battery again!
+ How to identify a RAM chip on a SNES cartridge: it is a 24 pin DIP package chip, usually marked as "16k SRAM" on the PCB board.
+ How to Identify memory size: games equipped with battery back-up may have different ram chips, this module works only on titles equipped with 16kbit ones. Because in some boards it is labeled only as “SRAM”, you must read the label on top of the chip, it must have a 4 digit code (XXc28 or XX16). Ignore other characters, they only indicates manufacturer and date codes. Known chips used by Nintendo are: 76C28, 6216, 5116 and 5216.
+ Compatible with 16kbit-ram SNES and SFC game cartridges, all regions.
+ Game cartridge not included.
We accept Paypal Only
All items will be shipped within 48 hours upon receipt of payment.
In most cases, international shipping takes around 14-20 business days. We try our best to provide you the most reliable, affordable way of shipping service. But sometimes international delivery is highly depended on the local customs and post service. If you do not receive your item on time, please contact us immediately for further assistance.